|DRAFT CSC, Title 25. Maritime & Marine Resources|
§ 1201. Harbor and Port Facilities.
§ 1202. Definition.
§ 1203. Fishing License.
§ 1204. Permission for Bait Fishing.
§ 1205. Reports Required.
§ 1206. Penalties.
§ 1207. Appropriation.
§ 1208. Severability.
The Chuuk State
Source: TDL 21-27, § 1, modified.
Editor's note: TDL 21-27 that created this Chapter was signed into law by the District Administrator on August 27, 1971.
When used in this Chapter
(1) Administration Area of State of Chuuk
(2) Bait Fishing: The word "bait fishing" means the fishing for, catching or taking, or the attempted fishing for, catching or taking of any species of fish or other marine animals at any place within the administration area of the State of Chuuk
(3) Fishing: The word "fishing" means the fishing for, catching or taking, freezing, storing or processing, or the attempted fishing for, catching, or taking, freezing, storing or processing of any marketable species of fish or other marine animals in the administration area of the State of Chuuk
(4) High Seas: The word "high seas" means those waters outside of any lagoon or below the ordinary high water mark on island or any portion thereof, without a lagoon within the administration areas of the State of Chuuk
(5) Person: The word 'person" includes individuals, joint association, partnerships and corporations.
(6) Vessel: The word "vessel" includes every type of description of water craft or other contrivance used, as a means of transportation in water.
Source: TDL 21-27, § 2, modified.
(1) All persons who operate one of more fishing vessels, which carry a normal crew of ten or more individuals, in and out of any port, anchorage, lagoon, or dock of any kind at or in the vicinity of any island or other land area within the administration area of the State of Chuuk
(2) Licenses issued under this Section shall be non-transferable and shall be valid on the basis of a fiscal year period (July 1 to June 30) and, regardless or when issued, shall expire on the thirtieth day of June of the fiscal year for which issued or renewed; provided that all original license fees shall be prorated by one-fourth of the annual fee charged for each quarter or portion of the quarter remaining in the fiscal year from the date of issuance.
(3) The annual fees shall be paid for each license issued at the time of issuance and on or before the thirtieth day of June each year, except as otherwise provided for in Section 1203(2
(a) For each fishing vessel with a normal crew of ten to
(b) For each fishing vessel with a normal crew of
(c) For each fishing vessel with a normal crew of
(4) A license may be renewed upon expiration by payment of the annual license fee.
(5) The Governor
Source: TDL 21-27, § 3, modified.
No person shall engage in or conduct any bait fishing within the area surrounding any island in State of Chuuk
Source: TDL 21-27, § 4, modified.
All persons who are engaged in high seas fishing and who operate one or more fishing vessels, which carry a normal crew of ten
(1) Operation Report. This report shall include accurate information on fuel and lubricants consumed, wages and salaries paid, provisions and other supplies purchased, total number of bait boats, operation the number and type of fishing year on board, and number of days spent on high seas fishing.
(2) Bait fishing Operation Report. This report shall include by species, weight by volume and estimated length of bait fish caught and the location where caught.
(3) High Seas Fishing Operation Report. This report shall include by species, the total tonnage caught, estimated overall length, the disposition of the catch, name and address of the buyer and the buyer agent, if any, the means used to collect, store and deliver the catch to the market, the gross income derived from the sales of the catch and the disposition of the gross income.
Source: TDL 21-27, § 5, modified.
Any person who:
(1) Engages in or conducts high seas fishing or bait fishing without a license required by this Chapter
(2) Fails, neglects, or refuses to make, keep or maintain any records and reports required by this Chapter
(3) Knowingly submits any false or fraudulent report required by this Chapter
(4) Engages in or conducts bait fishing without first obtain written permission from the municipality and owner of the traditional or customary fishing rights thereat shall, upon conviction, be fined not more than $1,000.00 or imprisoned for a period of not more than one year, or both.
Source: TDL 21-27, § 6, modified.
There are authorized to be appropriated annually such sums as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this Chapter
Source: TDL 21-27, § 8, modified.
If any provisions of this Chapter
Source: TDL 21-27, § 7, modified.